Employers & employees
During the current COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak we will be making every effort to publish the latest guidance and support available for employers and employees.
Guidance for employers
- The Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) will now run until the end of March 2021 with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked.Similarly, support for millions more workers through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) will be increased, with the third grant covering November to January calculated at 80% of average trading profits, up to a maximum of £7,500. More information on the latest announcements can be found on this economic support factsheet, please click here
- The Government has published extensive guidance for employers on its website including details on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and what to do if someone is suspected or confirmed to have the virus;
- Acas is the workplace expert for England, Wales and Scotland, the Acas website has the latest advice on sick pay entitlement, statutory sick pay (SSP) for those affected by coronavirus.
Guidance for employees
- The Government has also published guidance and advice for employees including details about statutory sick pay and Universal Credit. Read all the latest guidance and frequently asked questions for employees;
- We highly recommend that employees read the guidance available on the Acas website. Acas provides advice for employees on employment rights, including holiday and sick pay entitlement.
Please be mindful that official guidance is being updated on a daily basis. Therefore it is important that you closely monitor the relevant websites to ensure you are kept up to date and fully aware of any changes.